Friday, December 26, 2008

Social Networking Online is Addictive

Social Network sites online are so addictive. You join one and then you look for another one to join. Before even getting set up and networking or socializing, here comes an invite for you to join another one. What is the catch, is there a method to the madness. Well for one it is great to be a part of so many networks online for it is giving them more exposure on the internet, I mean with so many people looking to social networking sites to grow and build their business. Why wouldn't one want to be on every network possible? I am not sure, you have to answer that one for yourself, but then for another person. They want to be kind of low key and just enjoy the benefits of being connected to what they consider to be the best networking site they have ever found and with all the benefits they are getting from that one network or possibly 2 networks, this person don't see a need to be on more that 1-2 networks. Well for me, I have found that being on more than one network is giving me great exposure for my business. There are so many networks out there with great content. I gather information from most networks that I am on, at least from the ones that have content and good content. I know I must be on about 15-20 networks, including MySpace, FaceBook, Twitter, Black Planet and the list goes on. It allows me to accomplish my goal of getting exposure for my own network for Black Business Owners and for the business owners that are on my network, The Black Business Cafe. I have found that starting groups on the large networks help me to not take away from the networks that I am on, but to assist in their growth also, and it is almost like having another network within a network. So if there is a network with thousands of members and your own network only have a few hundreds. Just start a group on that network...don't try to steal the members from there. Just start a group and invite the members that you want to that group. For The Black Business Cafe, we are intending to open in various states around the nation, so we just join a network and share information there and start groups and invite the members of that network to our state groups and then keep them posted on the events that will be happening in their state. This gives those members the opportunity to share with me another member of the network. They can come out and meet me and share in The BBC Networking experience. Well I guess I will close with this thought. Social Networking can be addictive, it is not all bad. There is alot to accomplish if you connect with the right network, one like Theblackbusinesscafe.ning.com...and a few others. Make sure you find a network that adds value to you as a person, business owner, or for whatever your reason is for joining that network. Don't forget to ask questions. If you are not sure how to make the most or get the most out of that network, ask the owner of it or the moderator and they will be happy to share with you, because if you are getting the most out of their network, you will stay there and spend lots of time there. This is beneficial to the owner, so they will not mind sharing ways with you to make the most of your membership on their network. If you are not a part of a networking group or networking organization, please do check out The Black Biz Cafe at www.theblackbusinesscafe.ning.com.

No comments: